The above video is the recap of my first time trying the wheatgrass shot. Excuse the quality of the video as I recorded this on my phone and used a regular app to semi edit it. Since filming this video, I have taken this shot more times than enough to stomach the taste now and I do not mean it has gotten better, I just no longer have the urge to spit it back up. When first deciding to see what the wheatgrass hype was all about , the first opinions that were offered to me was that the taste would immediately turn me off, but to look past it. The follow-up statements were all about the benefits of taking the shot. Unfortunately I grasp things better if I read up on it versus hearing about it so my next destination was….YOU GUESSED RIGHT!….Google.
The first article that popped up was from The Chalkboard, a blog I’ve come to love. Anyway, on that post it lists 50 reason why you should drink wheatgrass everyday. If you want to read all 50 go ahead and click the link but below I’ve listed five of the reasons that mattered to me the most!
- Wheatgrass juice cures acne and even help to remove scars after it has been ingested for seven to eight months. (I’ve recently become more invested in my skincare and now consider this apart of my daily regime)
- Wheatgrass Juice is one of the best sources of living chlorophyll available today. However, to get the full benefit, the chlorophyll must come fresh from a living plant.
- The starch of the wheat berry is stored energy which when converted to simpler sugars is a quick energy source. It is especially good for athletes because it is a juice and is assimilated in 20 minutes or less, and uses very little of the body’s energy to extract the nutrients…(in laymen terms, if you need a boost of energy this could possibly be effective for you)
- Wheatgrass contains a full spectrum of vitamins and minerals, including the thirteen essential ones, combined with dozens of trace elements and enzymes. (If you forget to take pills like I do, and prefer to not take a bunch of them, this might be something you want to try.
- Wheatgrass is loaded with so many nutrients that your body isn’t lusting for other foods to compensate for any lack of vitamins or minerals. This goes hand-in-hand with wheatgrass’ ability to help you lose weight, but it is also critical in your efforts to avoid unhealthy, sugar and fat-laden snacks (You already know why I’m here WEIGHT LOSS!!!)
I suggest doing your own research but so far I haven’t found any bad information on it so I plan on sticking with it, especially since I’m trying to clear my skin up….And get this BAWDY together lol